We’re looking for specialized hardware writers to join our team. If you eat, sleep, and breathe benchmarks, PC building, monitors and can turn that passion into great writing, we’d love to hear from you.
Start working with us by promoting the best gaming setups gears and accessories. You earn up to 10% commission for every successful referral.
Join our affiliate program here
Who We’re Looking For:
Ideally, you’re a journalism graduate with fantastic writing skills. Good knowledge of the technology industry is essential, in particular, PC components and peripherals.
If you established your name in this industry, and you have good connections with big brands like ASUS, Ryzen … You’re the perfect candidate for this job.
We also value experience and enthusiasm for producing video content.
You’ll be a confident reviewer of PCs and PC hardware and ideally have expert knowledge of the hardware market space, including vendors, retailers, and price points. You’ll be able to compose knowledgeable copy and be confident in explaining complex subjects so that they’re clear and easily understood.
If you spend your free time:
- Keeping up with PC hardware and PC gaming news
- Building/upgrading your PC gaming setup
- Contributing to PC communities on Reddit, and other forums
Then Gamezbyte needs you. Our mission is to help PC gamers build beautiful, high-performing setups. We’re looking for a freelance writer to help us create entertaining guides on PC hardware topics.
- Passion for gaming PCs and hardware with lots of experience and a strong desire to communicate about it.
- Strong writing skills and ability to provide a polished piece that flows well.
- Willingness to collaborate with an editor to create the best content possible with no ego attached to the work.
- Professional writing experience. You should have some writing samples that illustrate you can write about hardware or tech. Can you make overclocking or TN & IPS Panels interesting to people who don’t care about them?
- Technical know-how. You don’t need a computer engineering degree, but we’d expect our contributors to have excellent knowledge on the components they’re covering.
- Reliability. Can you work independently, anticipate the needs of our readers, and hit every deadline.
- Reviewing Hardware (Especially Prebuilt gaming PCs, Monitors, and Gaming Chairs):
- Can get the products for reviewing on your own
- Must be capable of producing coherent, “flowing,” well-written coverage of the devices under test. Writing does not need to be flowery — but it does need to be functional and offer enough flow to carry a reader through the piece.
- More objective and distanced technical writing is preferred for creative writing.
- Product benchmarking: Execute test cases on products to produce objective metrics by which competing devices are reviewed and compared.
- Creating in-depth how-to guides. The topics are related to all PC gaming hardware & peripherals with all levels of knowledge, ranging from “What does monitor response time mean” to overclocking guides.
- Consistent long-term work. You’ll be expected to deliver one article per week between 1000-2500 words.
- Competitive freelance (per word) rates depending on experience.
- We’ll provide a topic list but you’ll always have room to contribute your own ideas.
- Do work you’re proud of. We’re all about creating unique media experiences and will work with you to bring your piece to life (example).
- Pay rates:
- Per article basis.
How To Apply:
Please send an email to info [at] gamezbyte.com with the subject line “GZB job” and the following information:
- Current Location/Timezone
- Examples of relevant previous work
- Why are you interested in working with us?
- Your background and experience with PC gaming hardware.
- Which product category (or categories) you want to write about.
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this role?
- Your Rate
Congratulations! You made it to the end! What are you waiting for? Email us today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!